After a long day, who doesn't enjoy unwinding in front of the TV? The TV serves as the centrepiece of the living room, so you should take special care in choosing the floating TV units & wall mounted TV units to display it. After all, this is where you will assemble your friends and family, so make sure it looks its best!
Understanding Your floating TV units & wall mounted TV units Actual Size
Did you know that a television's advertised size does not correspond to the real amount of space it occupies? This is so because measurements of a television's diagonal are used to determine its size (instead of horizontal). If a television is promoted as a "50-inch TV," for instance, what the marketing really means is that the television screen measures 50 inches from the bottom left corner to the top right corner of floating TV units & wall mounted TV units.
So far, does this make sense? Good, because things are about to get a little trickier. The advertised (diagonal) dimensions of a television solely take the screen into consideration. In other words, a 50-inch TV's advertised size does not include the size of the screen's surrounding frame (also known as the bezel).
The easiest answer would be to have TV makers simply advertise the actual size of their TVs, but it doesn't appear like that will happen any time soon. As a result, it might be difficult to determine the optimal floating TV units & wall mounted TV units size for your TV. Fortunately, taking control of your situation doesn't have to be difficult.
Step 1: Determine a TV's Actual Width for your floating TV units & wall mounted TV units
The width of your TV must be determined in order to choose the right size floating TV units & wall mounted TV units. To do that, measure the entire width of your TV using a measuring tape, from the left edge of the frame to the right. When the time comes to look for a stand, write it down and keep it in mind. Also keep in mind that you can contact the manufacturer or check the manufacturer's website for the complete product details if you don't have a measuring tape or other measuring tool on hand.
Keep in mind that choosing the proper size floating TV units & wall mounted TV units for your device is about more than just looks. A significant safety concern might arise when a large TV is set up on a stand that is the same size as or less than the TV's frame.
Find the floating TV units & wall mounted TV units in step two.
The middle of your screen should, as a general rule, be positioned at or just below eye level. Simple math is required to maintain your TV in a comfortable position. Subtract half of the TV's height from the distance from the floor to the typical viewers' line of sight in your home. Within an inch or two of the difference, your floating TV units & wall mounted TV units will be the ideal height.
Find the floating TV units & wall mounted TV units width in step three.
When selecting your console, be essential to note the width of your screen because TVs are measured diagonally whereas floating TV units & wall mounted TV units are measured horizontally. A console that is at least a couple inches wider than your TV is what we advise buying.
Expert Advice: The ideal TV viewing distance is roughly double the size of the screen. If you have a 54-inch TV, for instance, set it and your standing position at least 108 inches away from the viewing area.
Please be aware that the above chart should only be used as a general recommendation and not as a rigid guideline because the size of the frame around the TV screen varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. When positioning TVs, floating TV units & wall mounted TV units, and other large pieces of furniture, always exercise good discretion!
Nice to know!
It's also important to keep in mind that many floating TV units & wall mounted TV units today come with pedestal bases that simply need to fit in the centre of any TV stand's top. The sort of floating TV units & wall mounted TV units you can choose may be limited if your TV's base is at the edge of the screen.
angled floating TV units & wall mounted TV units
While you might get some overhang, corner floating TV units & wall mounted TV units tuck into the corner of your room to give you some security against collapsing. Additionally, corner floating TV units & wall mounted TV units use your space more efficiently and take up less floor space. Ideal solution if you have a small area or if all of your cable entrance ports are in a room's corner.
slender floating TV units & wall mounted TV units
If you want to concentrate your entertainment needs on a flat feature wall, straight floating TV units & wall mounted TV units are ideal. They also frequently have the most shelf alternatives because manufacturers may make the most of the available space by providing a variety of apertures for gaming consoles, television boxes, etc.
We provide great floating TV units & wall mounted TV units made for your home with a sophisticated and durable edge; read more about them below. If you set a premium on accuracy and are seeking something exceptional from which to chose, you have come to the right place. Your style may be traditional or modern with a twist. We are confident that you will find something at floating TV units to suit your tastes, no matter how difficult you are to please.
Styles of floating TV units & wall mounted TV units
Here in floating TV units, we supply high-quality furniture for you and your family. Hence, it is crucial for us to have a beautiful design. We provide a wide range of selections as a result.
One of the cornerstones of contemporary living room furniture design is the TV unit. The TV shelf, like the coffee table, is a recognisable fixture in every home and symbolises the modern family living room.
We can provide you with floating TV units & wall mounted TV units and tables from collections like our Armony TV Unit, Gusto TV Table, or Elite TV Unit for classic style. For a long-lasting assurance, each of these sets also includes strong, sturdily constructed hardwood frames.
The wide choice of sizes we provide is one of the nicest aspects of our assortment of wooden floating TV units & wall mounted TV units. This guarantees that not only will you be able to select a unit large enough for your brand-new 52" TV, but also one that will fit your home's decor.
You can pick from a traditional selection of uniquely shaped televisions.
The focal point of any outstanding living room design is the floating TV units & wall mounted TV units. As a result, you must ensure that you treat your television with care and provide it with the proper maintenance.
- It's important to regularly perform mild cleaning. Start with a linen cloth or duster. You can get rid of the top layer of accumulated bacteria by lightly brushing in one direction or making little circles. We don't advocate using abrasive cleaners or polish on these appliances.
- We provide a variety of coloured wooden pens that are made specifically to touch up any colourless sections of your floating TV units & wall mounted TV units if it appears scratched or damaged. Since these pens are long lasting, you may always conceal little portions of your TV shelf.
- We offer a fine furniture wax for either a light or dark coloured item if the wood's overall colour has faded or lightened. The best thing to do is to get a wax brush or a light, clean cloth, making sure the fabric is free of stray fibres. It would be beneficial if you made sure the appliance was thoroughly cleaned and free of any debris. For a more organic polished finish, use the wax in small circular motions while attempting to follow the wood grain. After completing this thin coat, depart for a period of time ranging from one hour to the following day (it is best to leave overnight). The last step is to lightly buff it in small circles using a fresh cloth. You can keep doing this until the desired level of darkness or lightness is reached for your floating TV units & wall mounted TV units.
- A TV is one of the features you almost always find in Kenyan living rooms. It not only gives us access to knowledge through news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming, but it also strengthens family bonds.
- Advantages of buying floating TV units & wall mounted TV units
- Investing in a TV stand will help the living room look better overall. To do this, though, you'll need to locate a TV stand that is the ideal size. By purchasing floating TV units & wall mounted TV units, you can improve both the beauty and practicality of your living area.
- Buying floating TV units & wall mounted TV units has the added advantage of improving your viewing angle. When watching your preferred TV show, there is no need for you to encounter any inconvenience.
- Keep in mind the following important factors when choosing floating TV units & wall mounted TV units.
- 1. Size
- Before buying floating TV units & wall mounted TV units, one must ascertain the space that is accessible in the living room. floating TV units & wall mounted TV units that won't fit in your house is not something you want to pay for. Before purchasing a TV stand, it is essential to take your screen's size into account. A small floating TV units & wall mounted TV units increases the risk of mishaps that end up breaking the TV set. On the other hand, a TV stand that is too big for a little screen won't improve your living room's practicality or visual appeal.
- A variety of materials are used to make floating TV units & wall mounted TV units. The most typical materials utilised to create floating TV units & wall mounted TV units are metal and wood. TV stands made of wood will be your best option if you want to give your living room a vintage or rustic appeal. To increase its durability, make sure floating TV units & wall mounted TV units is constructed from high-quality wood. A metallic stand will be your best bet if you want to give your living area a contemporary feel.
- Setting a budget before shopping for floating TV units & wall mounted TV units is crucial. It makes sure that you don't spend too much money on any furniture item. But selecting less priced models can entail settling for inferior stands. Making ensuring you get value for your money is crucial.
- The top dealers let you use hire purchase payment plans if you don't have enough cash to buy floating TV units & wall mounted TV units in full. When you order a TV stand from Kenya Credit Traders Limited, you can pay a deposit in advance. This deposit is often a tiny portion of the TV stand's overall cost. As you use floating TV units & wall mounted TV units, you can pay down the balance in monthly instalments.
When searching for floating TV units & wall mounted TV units, one of the first things you'll need to decide on is size. Too tiny a TV will force you to squint to see your favourite programmes, while too large a TV will take up too much space and prevent you from sitting back enough to fully enjoy it.
Finding the right size for a living area may really assist to improve the experience. It can be tempting to try to save money by choosing a smaller set or to just "go big" with the largest you can afford.
It's amazing how neatly a larger screen might fit in a room now that newer TVs have narrower bezels, but on the other hand, a model that's too small could look out of place.
Fortunately, you can choose wisely with the aid of our TV screen size calculator. Calculate the distance between your seating location and the TV's position, then change the slider on the tool.
Although the tool's recommended viewing distances are based on high-definition televisions, many of them now have 4K ultra HD panels, allowing you to sit a little bit closer. These TVs' images can feature four times as much information as Full HD displays, but to truly appreciate the improvement, you should get a 40-inch or larger TV.
Don't be afraid to choose sets at the top of the range or even a little higher if you plan to watch 4K video. For instance, 7 feet should be a suitable distance for a 40-inch 4K TV.
However, how near you sit to your floating TV units & wall mounted TV units, whether it's an HD or 4K model, ultimately depends on your preferences and how your living room is set out.
The results of our thorough, independent lab testing can help you choose the ideal model for your budget once you've determined which TV size is appropriate for you.
viewing position: When you're not looking directly at the screen, some TVs can lose their colour accuracy and contrast. The image appears to be rather washed out. If you frequently watch TV with a large group of people or have a small living room, this can be a problem with TVs. For viewing angle ratings for each television we evaluate, consult our expert reviews.
Curved displays: The majority of floating TV units & wall mounted TV units from the major manufacturers now have curved panels. The effect is at best minimal, and you have to sit straight on to fully see it. They claim to "wrap" the picture around you like with IMAX. Additionally, the screens occasionally have a somewhat twisted appearance, especially when light bounces off of them.
The stand: Generally speaking, the bigger the TV, the bigger the floating TV units & wall mounted TV units will be. However, just because this is the case, getting a new big-screen TV doesn't mean you have to do rid of your previous media centre. While some TVs have separate feet at either end of the screen, others have a single stand. Look for a set with a central stand if your unit is smaller.
The majority of us enjoy curling up on occasion to spend an evening in front of the TV watching a film or our most recent binge-worthy box set! You need the correct TV, of course, to enjoy watching TV to its fullest, but you should also take into account the unit or cabinet that stores and shows your screen.
Finding the ideal floating TV units & wall mounted TV units is not always simple because it must coordinate with the TV, the rest of the furniture in the room, and the aesthetic of the space. A TV stand made of oak will add to the warm and inviting atmosphere created by the many grain patterns, knots, and colours of the living room furnishings!
Here are some pointers to assist you in selecting the ideal floating TV units & wall mounted TV units for your space:
Think about the size of the room before making your selection.
The TV is frequently the most prominent feature in lounges or living rooms, but it doesn't have to take centre stage or be the main attraction.
It is always a good idea to measure the space before choosing floating TV units & wall mounted TV units so that you can choose the right TV and unit size. For a TV to be placed on a unit safely, the cabinet should be around 20% longer than the actual TV. You should also take the weight capacity of the TV stand into consideration. The modern, huge flat TVs look fantastic on the rustic-looking oak base, giving your room a shabby chic TV cabinet that combines the two eras.
Creating the best viewing comfort requires consideration of viewing height.
The viewing height is a crucial consideration when selecting floating TV units & wall mounted TV units since you want to create the optimal viewing comfort. To do this, measure your seating area and check that the centre of your TV screen won't be too high over your line of sight on your chosen cabinet.
The optimum shape is determined by the dimensions of your room.
The shape of the room is another important factor to take into account when choosing floating TV units & wall mounted TV units. If the room in question is generally proportioned, then it is likely that any shape or size TV unit will look good. However, if your room is narrow or unusually shaped, it might be worthwhile to consider a corner cabinet in order to maximise the available floor space.
Select floating TV units & wall mounted TV units that complements the style of your space.
You should choose an oak TV stand that compliments the general style and appearance of your space as well as the other furnishings within. Some situations could call for a darker oak to better complement or contrast the other items on exhibit in the space.
Storage: You'll probably want to put more than simply the TV on display.
When selecting floating TV units & wall mounted TV units, it is always important to take storage into account because, in the majority of cases these days, the unit will be displaying more than just the TV. The majority of us have additional consoles and devices, such as computers, gaming consoles, set top boxes, and other things, connected to and using our TVs.
Measure these additional objects so you can make sure that any storage drawers fit them in order to best display your TV.
Online at Oak & Pine
Furniture of the highest calibre is available from Oak & Pine Online. You may get reasonably priced genuine oak furniture on our website. All of our floating TV units & wall mounted TV units is produced from solid wood, and we have solutions and collections for every room in your house.